The Baptist Temple is an American Baptist Church. We have 6 main beliefs:
1. There is only one true eternal God, indivisible, yet revealed to us as Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer. One God with three distinct coequal and coeternal persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. The Bible, the Word of God, is our final authority and is trustworthy for faith and practice when interpreted responsibly under the Guidance of God’s Holy Spirit within the community of faith.
3. God created people in divine image. Through Adam’s fall all became sinful, lost and condemned. Each person, by deliberate choice, participates in sin and is in need of redemption through Christ’s death and resurrection.
4. Jesus Christ is God’s Son, fully divine, fully human, eternal and preexistent.
5. God offers forgiveness of sin and justification by faith in Christ Jesus not based on our good works. Such forgiveness is received by persons as God’s gift upon repentance from sin and faith in Jesus Christ, enabling us to participate in Christ’s reign as a present reality and future hope.
6. The Church is a community of believers who experience a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, follow the Lord in believer’s baptism, share the Lord’s Supper, gather regularly for worship and covenant for mutual support and care giving.